Friday, October 30, 2009

iblog.

i passed in my book proposal this afternoon. now, the waiting begins. jo's going to take a look at it and if there are no further edits, she will pass it on to her agent.

(i'm a little giddy because i just found out he works for alive communications...aka donald miller, franklin graham, eugene peterson...yikes.)

one thing jo drilled into me at our meeting is that i need to step it up with my blogging. i'm a first time author- aka liability, so my "hits" and "followers" are my only currency. and let's face it, i don't really care about this thing.

but now i must hardcore blog for my very survival.

everyone keeps telling me that social networking is the best thing for publicity these days and i should be blogging, facebooking and tweeting with every spare second i have if i ever want my book to sell. but oh, it just makes me cringe to think of myself as a 'blogger'.

but, in the wise and comforting words of peng yu,
a blog is acceptable if 1) you have interesting things to say 2) you are doing something awesome that others want to hear about (aka girdie's african adventures) or 3) you want to get the word out about something (you.) no one wants to read a blog about stupid shit someone is doing every damn day."
i hope i fit into at least one of those categories...
you'll be hearing from me alot more now and i will try to keep it interesting. gulp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;